Two-factor authentication adds an additional layer of security to the authentication process by making it harder for attackers to gain access to a person's devices or online accounts because, even if the victim's password is hacked, a password alone is not enough to pass the authentication check.
To activate 2-step authentication on your OBDeleven account follow the steps below:
- Open the side menu by pressing .
- Open Profile by pressing .
- Start the activation of 2-step authentication by pressing .
- You will need to install Authy, Google Authenticator, or any other trusted app to generate an Authentication code.
- In this case, we will be using Google Authenticator.
- Install the application and proceed via OBDeleven application by pressing .
- Copy the code by pressing . It will be copied to your clipboard.
- Proceed the steps by pressing .
- Open the Google Authenticator application which you have downloaded before, and proceed with the steps by pressing .
- Open the field to enter the code by pressing .
- The field will appear to enter the code. Press and hold on to the field and you will be able to paste the copied clipboard from previous step .
- Once you will enter the code and apply it, the Authenticator will generate a six-digit code every 60 seconds.
- Enter the generated code from your authenticator application .
- Apply it by pressing .
- Save your backup code in case you will have issues creating an authentication code and proceed by pressing .
- Finish the setup by pressing .
The example of using 2-step authentication when logging in to your account:
- Enter the email and the password and sign in by pressing .
- Enter the code generated by the authentication application and apply it by pressing .
- If you are not able to generate the code, you can use your backup code by pressing .