If you are having issues by connecting the First-Generation device (white for Android) here is what you can check:
- Are you able to see the red led active on the device when you connect it to the car? Once you connect the device to your vehicle, the RED light of the device should light up so that means that the device is getting voltage from the vehicle. If it does not light up, you can try to test it with another vehicle. If it still does not light up, the device might be faulty. Contact Customer Support.
- Does your phone find the device via phone Bluetooth settings?You can check if you can find the device via your phone Bluetooth. If you can not find it, you can test it with another phone/tablet. If you still can't find it, the device might be faulty and you should contact Customer Support.
- Are you able to pair the device with pairing code 1234?If you are able to find the device via Bluetooth, try to pair it by using 1234 code. (Make sure that your phone/tablet is unpaired from another device)
- What error message did you get when you are trying to connect via OBDeleven app?Check what exactly happens when you press the connect button. If you are receiving a message "Device not responding" so the device is most likely faulty and you should contact Customer Support.
- If you are getting a message "Unable to connect" or the connect is spinning and you are not receiving any error, here is what you can do:
2. Press menu -> device.
3. Delete all the devices from that list.
4. Restart your phone.
5. Turn on your location on your phone (If you are using Android 10 or later versions).
6. Open the application (DO NOT pair the device via Bluetooth).
7. Press the connect button.
- "Bluetooth is not available" - Make sure that location permission is given. It also might be that your phone does not support Bluetooth version of OBDeleven device. Check if you can connect other devices via Bluetooth.
- "Device not responding" - It means that that the device was unable to connect to your vehicle. You can try to unplug the device and plug it again or restart your phone/tablet.
- "Server error" - wait up to 5 minutes and try to connect again.
- "Device is not authorized" - try to re-install the application if the issue persists, please, contact our Customer Support by providing your purchase.
- "Unable to connect" - Was unable to make a connection via Bluetooth. You can try to open side menu -> device and delete all the devices from that list, unplug the device, restart your phone, plug the device again and try to connect again.
- "App needs access to Bluetooth, you can grant it in Settings” - You need to turn on the Bluetooth permissions via your iPhone settings for the OBDeleven application.
- "Bluetooth not enabled” - Turn ON the Bluetooth in your phone.
- "Bluetooth is not available” - You need to check your phone Bluetooth or try with another phone/tablet.
- "Failed connecting to engine, please try turning on the ignition or enter the VIN manually” - The OBDeleven application does not connect to your vehicle control unit of Engine. You can press "Continue" and enter your vehicle VIN number manually or select the vehicle from your garage.
- "Vehicle not identified. Check VIN and try again” - the application was not able to read the VIN number of your vehicle. You can enter your vehicle VIN number manually or select the vehicle from your garage.
- "Update available” - There is a new version of the OBDeleven application and you need to update it via the APP store.